Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Style Inspiration: The Roaring 1920's





The 1920's is hands down my favorite era. The 1920's was not just the birth of the great fashion with cloche hats, elaborate hair accessories and the 1920's marked the jump start of the Harlem Renaissance and the Jazz Age. What I wouldn't give to have been alive in the '20s living in good 'ole New York city. Imagine frequenting the same jazz clubs as the literary greats like Langston Hughes and Zora Hurston. Every time my mother and I read "A Dream Deferred," I felt like I had magically drifted back into yester-year.

Fashion during the 1920's was flashy. And in the height of black fashion was the drapper gentleman is all his glory. Women wore real fur coats and everything was well made.

















No comments:

Post a Comment